Southampton Household Waste Recycling Centre
The Southampton recycling site is managed for the council by Veolia Environmental Services
The current opening hours for Southampton Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) in Millbrook are 9am to 4pm.
In line with all other HWRCs in Hampshire, you will need to book a time slot before you visit the Southampton site.
Find out more and pre-book your visit up to seven days in advance. You must book at least 48 hours before you visit.
The address for the Southampton recycling centre is City Depot and Recycling Park, First Avenue, Southampton SO15 0LJ
Cars and 4 x 4 are permitted but you need to check height and weight restrictions of other vehicles via our vehicle access to the recycling centre page.
Trailers and commercial vehicles will not be permitted on site until further notice.
There is a charge for disposing of some types of DIY waste but until further notice we will NOT be accepting any chargeable items such as soil, rubble, toilets, sinks etc
You can find out more information and charges for DIY waste on our dedicated page.
Many of the country's HWRC's will offer small commercial businesses a 'pay by the load' quick and convenient recycling and waste disposal. You can find out more information on our trade waste
What can I take to the centre?
(There is no charge when taking the items listed below)
- Paper, cardboard, newspapers and magazines
- Mixed glass bottles and jars
- Gas bottles
- Garden waste
- Radiators and storage heaters (but not the bricks inside)
- Wood and timber
- Electrical items and fluorescent tubes
- Household and garden chemicals
- Batteries, including car batteries
- Fridges and freezers - appliances should be bought whole with no parts removed
More information can be found on the Hampshire County Council website.
What can't I take to the centre?
- Ammunition, explosives and weapons
- Chemicals and other toxic substances
- Dead animals
- Gas cylinders
- Japanese knotweed
- Landlord's waste
- Petrol and diesel
- Syringes and medical waste
- Trade or commercial waste
More detailed information on what can and can't be taken to the centre can be found on the Hampshire County Council website.
Other local recycling centres