Report a concern about a child


Call 999 if it is an emergency and the child is in immediate danger

What should I do if I am worried about a child?

If you are concerned about a child or young person, it is important to take action. There are several options available so we have provided more information to help you decide what to do next. This information is relevant for both professionals and members of the public.

Make a referral to child protection & safeguarding

When it’s not an emergency situation but you are worried that a child may be at risk of abuse, harm or neglect, you can make a referral to us. You can do this whether you are a member of the public or a professional.


Before you fill in this form

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself up to 10 minutes to fill in the form.

Online referral form

View frequently asked questions about reporting a concern. 

You can also contact us straight away on 023 8083 3004.

View further resources and universal services

If you’re a family member or professional who wants to find out what support is available apart from Children and Families First, you can view more resources.

For more information, you can also call the NSPCC Freephone Child Protection Helpline on 080 8800 5000.