Last updated: 15 October 2020
The council’s Planning and Building Control departments remain open for business.
We are able to manage the planning application process and all other electronic communications but face to face meetings are cancelled until further notice.
Planning applications should be submitted via the Planning Portal, with any specific planning enquiries sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Planning Enforcement Team have made the following temporary changes to their service.
- Planning Enforcement Officers are working remotely but are contactable to receive enquiries and complaints on 07956 090360 or via email email@example.com
- Site inspections will be risk assessed to determine whether it must be carried out at a later date
The Building Control team has made the following changes to their service, which will have an effect on local businesses involved in development within the city:
- Building Control Surveyors are working remotely but are contactable on their mobile phones and email
- All new building regulation applications should be submitted electronically
- Site Inspection requests will be risk assessed to determine whether a site visit is safe and necessary or whether compliance can be determined by alternative means such as photographic evidence