Our strategies, plans and policies shape the way we deliver and improve services.
The Southampton City Council Corporate Plan (2021-2025) is a key document and sets out the four key outcomes that make up our vision.
The Southampton City Strategy (2015-2025) is a partnership strategy which sets out the vision for the whole city: 'Southampton a city of opportunity where everyone thrives'.
Other key council strategies
Council and City Strategies are supported by a range of strategies, policies and plans. The key strategies are:
- Adult Social Care and Support Planning Policy (2016-2020)
- Alcohol Strategy (2017-2020) (New combined Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs Strategy in development, due late 2022)
- Better Care Strategy (2021)
- Carer's Strategy (2016-2020) (New strategy in development, due late 2022)
- Children and Young People's Strategy (2022-2027)
- Children in our care: Our Corporate Parenting Plan (2022-2027)
- Clean Air Strategy (2019-2025)
- Customer Strategy (2022-2026)
- Cycling Strategy (2017-2027)
- Digital Strategy (2018-22) (New strategy in development)
- Domestic & Sexual Abuse Multi Agency Strategy (2017-2020) (New strategy in development, due late 2022)
- Domestic Abuse: Provision of Support within Safe Accommodation (2021-2024)
- Drugs Strategy (2017-2020) (New, combined Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs Strategy in development, due late 2022)
- Economic and Green Growth Strategy (2020-2030)
- Education Strategy (2022-2027)
- Health and Wellbeing Strategy (2017-2025)
- Homelessness Prevention Strategy (2018-2023)
- Housing Strategy (2016-2025)
- Land Quality Strategy (2018-2023)
- Local Development Plan (2013-2026)
- Local Transport Plan (2019-2040)
- Medium Term Financial Strategy (2019/20-2022/23)
- Physical Activity and Sports ('We Can Be Active') Strategy (2022)
- Procurement Strategy (2018-2020) (New strategy in development)
- Safe City Strategy (2022-2027)
- SEND Strategy (2022-2027)
- Southampton City Children and Young People's Emotional and Mental Health Wellbeing Plan (2021-2024)
- Southampton City Health and Care Strategy (2020-2025)
- Southampton Speak Up - Children and Young People’s Participation Strategy (2022-2027)
- Workforce Development Strategy*
- Youth Justice Strategy (2022-2027)
Strategies and plans currently not online will be made available as soon as possible.
*For an accessible version of this document, please contact Policy&Strategy@southampton.gov.uk.
Business in Southampton
The GROW portal is designed to provide a single, unified portal to the information you need about Southampton City Council business services and support and our city.