Your reference number is either eight digits or seven digits ending in X. If you cannot find your account number, there are a few places to check before you contact us.
- On the top left corner of any bills or reminders we have sent you.
- If you have a Direct Debit set up for Council Tax, your account number can be found as the last eight digits of your payment reference number. You should find this in bank statements or in the Direct Debit management section of banking apps.
- If you have an online account with us that has your Council Tax account linked, you can find this in My Services
If you are still not able to find your account number, you can request this by either webchat or by using our enquiry form. You will need to provide answers to a couple of security questions so please have to hand:
- Address of the property
- Name of the person(s) on the Council Tax bill
- Another question about your account. This could be how you pay, number of adults in the property, last payment date for example.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill in the form.
We aim to respond within 20 working days.