Arrange a break from caring

In some areas, respite care is provided by your local authority after a carer's assessment and need of respite has been identified. In other areas, access to respite care is provided through a community care assessment for the person you're looking after. It's therefore best to make sure that both of you are assessed.

The local authority will consider what help is needed and decide which community care services it will provide to help the person you care for. There may be a charge for the community care services. This information is available from your local authority's social services department.

Telephone: 023 8083 3003

You can also search the information directory for care agencies that can support respite.