Residential care homes

Residential care homes are available to anyone aged 65 or over and living within the city boundaries. An assessment is carried out to make sure that places go to those who need them the most. You may also be asked to make a contribution towards the cost of your care.

For more information about private funding, please see our page about Privately funding residential or nursing care.

More information is available on paying for residential care, and what the assessment involves.

You can complete a self-assessment of your care needs, to see what support you may be entitled to. A relative can complete this on your behalf.

Assess your eligibility for care support

The Connect to Support Hampshire website has information to help you find the right care home. You can also use their care homes search to find a care home in Hampshire.

All care homes are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). CQC provide an online local health and adult social care services directory which details how well each of the services meets essential standards of quality and safety.

Southampton City Council runs one residential care home. Our care home is registered to support residents with a diagnosis of dementia.

See also: