What is Adopt South?
Adopt South is a new Regional Adoption Agency formed through the partnership between Southampton City Council, Hampshire County Council, Isle of Wight Council, Portsmouth City Council.
Adopt South will take responsibility for some of the work currently undertaken within Southampton City Council's Adoption Service:
- Recruiting, assessing and approving adopters across the partnership's region
- Matching children in need of adoptive families
- Supporting families post Adoption Order
This exciting way of providing adoption services in the region will streamline the processes for adopters and lead to more positive outcomes for children. This new partnership means all four local authorities will have a dedicated focus on children and adoptive families across the region. Adopt South will:
- Help children move into their adoptive placements more quickly
- Bring together the skills and experience of more than 100 Children's Services professionals
- Provide a greater range of post-adoption support to adopted children and their families.
Visit Adopt South online if you are interested in becoming an adoptive parent.
You can also contact us on our single, central helpline on 0300 3000 011, or make an enquiry online