Market Position Statement
This Market Position Statement provides information, intelligence, and analysis of benefit to current and prospective providers of accommodation-based care and support services on behalf of Southampton City Council (SCC) and Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group (SCCCG).
The key messages to note from this report are:
- Use of adult residential care is on the decline. We aim to accelerate this trend over the next three years by supporting the development of local tenanted care model capacity, and increasing the degree to which this model is used to meet the accommodation-based needs for all funded care groups.
- We want to work collaboratively with the market to develop new solutions for meeting the accommodation-based care needs of our service users. We are actively encouraging providers to approach us with proposals for how together we can do things differently. In particular, commissioners will prioritise engagement with providers offering to increase the local supply and a greater degree of choice amongst the following service types:
- Bed-based respite for people with learning disabilities
- Supported living for people with learning disabilities
- Nursing care for people with challenging behaviour (particularly dementia and acquired brain injuries and bariatric need)
- A broad mix of options and tailored accommodation-based support for care leavers
- Short-term residential placements (i.e. step-up to prevent a hospital admission, or step-down to prevent a delayed discharge, including beds that support ‘discharge to assess’).
For more information please read the Market Position Statement report in full.