Families who need help are identified by health, schools or other services and referred to the Early Help Team. A social worker or Family Engagement Worker (FEW) will then contact and support families. Another professional, who is known to the family, may also help.
As part of Early Help's support, an assessment of the whole family's needs will be undertaken and a plan will be agreed with the family. This plan is reviewed at regular Team Around the Family meetings.
Your family may need support with issues such as:
- getting into work
- managing debt
- improving school attendance
- domestic school abuse
- drug and alcohol misuse
- crime and anti-social behaviour
- family health matters
Help can be given in a number of ways, for example:
- a Family Engagement Worker is linked to a family to provide intense, practical, hands-on support
- support towards finding a job or training
- help with specific needs - for example to address issues such as: alcohol, depression or anxiety, domestic abuse or parenting skills
All families who are referred to Early Help will be included in the successful Families Matter Programme.
For more information about our Families Matter Programme, you can visit our Southampton Information Directory pages.
Tel: 023 8083 3336