The Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT) is a multi agency partnership. We contribute to the work done by the Integrated Commissioning Unit (ICU) in Southampton, to reduce the harm drug and alcohol misuse cause to individuals, families, friends and communities.
Members of the DAAT partnership include: ICU - Southampton City Council & Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group, Public Health, Police, Probation Service, service user representatives, carers and voluntary sector groups.
The ICU and DAAT Partnership help to ensure that services are commissioned in line with the aims of the Home Office Drug and Alcohol strategies of 2010 and 2012 and respond to local needs.
- reducing demand
- restricting supply
- building recovery
- cut 'binge drinking'
- cut alcohol-fuelled violence
- cut the number of people drinking to damaging levels
The objectives of the DAAT Partnership are to:
- assist in the analysis of what services are needed locally
- ensure that drug and alcohol services are accessible and effective
- work with the ICU to ensure that there is a full range of treatment available in the city
- ensure good communication between drug and alcohol and support services
The ICU and Drug & Alcohol Action Team Partnership works closely with Public Health England which is an executive agency of the Department of Health.
Integrated Commissioning Unit
Southampton City Council
Southampton SO14 7LY