Create your health and wellbeing noticeboard
One way to make your commitment to the health and wellbeing of your people clear is to set up a health and wellbeing noticeboard in the workplace. This is a place to pin posters and other visual resources that will prompt positive reflection and discussion.
Below, you can download some visuals ready to print and pin to your noticeboard.
Building your noticeboard
First, you need the building blocks of your health and wellbeing noticeboard. Start by printing off our noticeboard header so everybody can see how the board can help them. Then you can add various images and resources (see below) and make it your own.
Here's one we made earlier!
Promoting physical health
Everybody knows they should exercise, but often don’t know the best way to go about it or just how much being more active can benefit both their physical and mental health. Add this Getting Active infographic to your noticeboard to help your staff get exercising.
The NHS/Public Health Better Health posters and publicity campaign featuring real people inspires staff to get active, eat healthily and lose weight.
Promoting good mental health
If you're feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or unable to switch off, mindfulness offers a range of techniques to help you focus and relax. Add this introduction to mindfulness to your noticeboard to help your people calm the whirl of their minds.
Small, practical actions available to all can help to improve wellbeing. The Five Ways to Wellbeing is a practical guide to helping people feel happier, calmer, and more confident day-to-day.
After more resources to download? Take a look at more ways to support your staff.
Wellbeing questions - A4s ready to print and pin
- What makes you happy? - Add this poster to your noticeboard to get your team reflecting on what brightens their day
- What could you do differently to make your team happier and more productive? - Add this poster to get your staff thinking about new ways to improve the workplace for everyone
- How could you take more rest and play? - Add this poster to encourage your team to balance work with looking after themselves
- How would you spend an extra five minutes a day to look after yourself? - Add this poster to get your team thinking about the small ways they can bring wellbeing into their day
- How do you look after your physical and mental health? - Add this poster to help your team think of new ways to nurture their health and wellbeing
- What could you do differently to give you more peace of mind? - Add this poster to help your team assess how their day-to-day actions affect their mental wellbeing
- What's happened to you recently that, if you had the chance, you would respond differently? Add this poster to show your team they can always be in control of how they handle setbacks
- Ask a colleague: 'How are you?' - Add this poster to get your people talking and sharing to relieve pressure