Before you start
The quickest and easiest way to report a repair is online. You will receive a response to your repair request within 24 working hours.
Important updates due to coronavirus
Due to the national lockdown introduced on 5 January 2021, there are some changes to the repairs and maintenance service we can currently offer.
The main change to our service at the moment is for properties that are currently occupied by a tenant. For these properties, even if no one is home during the appointment, we can only perform urgent and emergency repairs. See the emergency repairs page and the 'How soon will my repair be done?' section below to see how we categorise repairs.
Apart from this change, most of our repairs and maintenance work is continuing during the current lockdown restrictions. In terms of housing repairs, work in communal areas of our properties can still take place, as well as work in unoccupied properties, except where we are unable to maintain safe, two metre social distancing.
We know that each case is different so we suggest you report your housing repairs to us as normal. We can then let you know if we are unable to carry out the repair at the moment and make sure it is queued for the future instead. Once Government restrictions have changed and we can carry out the repair, we will contact you with an appointment date.
Please see our housing and coronavirus updates for restrictions on repairs if you have coronavirus or coronavirus symptoms or if you are clinically extremely vulnerable. You can also find out how we are keeping you safe during visits for repairs and what you need to do when we visit.
Reporting a repair
You can report a repair online using the button below, unless it's an emergency repair. When you report a housing repair, please tell us which of the following applies to you or others living in your home:
- Are you or anyone living in your home currently in self-isolation for coronavirus?
- Have you or anyone living in your home been confirmed by a test of having coronavirus?
- Do you or anyone living in your home have any coronavirus symptoms?
- To my knowledge I can confirm that myself and everyone in my household is unaffected by coronavirus
Please tell us which of the above applies to you in the free text box on the online form. You can simply copy and paste the relevant text above with your report.
If you are reporting an emergency repair please phone us instead using the details on the emergency repairs page.
Report a repair
When you report a repair we will ask you
- Your name, address, phone number and email address to confirm your repair
- What, where and the severity of the problem, giving as much detail as possible
- When you are available to allow access to your property.
We will then advise you
- If it is your responsibilities as a tenant to carry out the repair
- If there are charges for repairs to be carried out
- Your job order number – keep this safe as this will make it easier for you if you need to speak to us in the future
- An appointment date and time slot when the repair will be carried out, where possible
How soon will my repair be done?
We know that when you report a repair you want it sorted as quickly as possible. But with nearly 950 repair requests received each week we have to deal with the most urgent jobs first.
When you report a repair, we will tell you which following categories it falls into:
- Emergency repairs like loss of heating in winter or a burst pipe will be carried out on the same day, usually within four hours
- Urgent repairs like broken windows or blocked drains or loss of hot water will be fixed within two days
- Standard repairs will be given an appointment within the next 25 days, with more vital repairs like mould and damp problems or broken kitchen/bathroom extractor fans prioritised to 10 days. Less urgent jobs like repairing kitchen units, doors, fences or gates will be carried out within 25 days.
Re-arranging or cancelling your appointment
If you are no longer available or you no longer need the appointment, you need to let us know as soon as possible. You can use our online form below so long as the appointment is not today or tomorrow, otherwise you will need to contact housing services
Re-arrange or cancel an appointment
You can also use this form to re-arrange or cancel a stock condition survey as long as the appointment is not today or tomorrow.
IMPORTANT - If you are out when our tradesperson calls, your job will be cancelled and a card put through your door. You will need to report the repair again and arrange a new appointment.