If you want to know how the housing department measures its performance or what happens when a target is not met, then the tenant scrutiny panel may be exactly the group for you.
The panel has four objectives:
- To look at housing performance information and, where necessary, recommend areas for improvement
- To look at all new housing policies and provide a customer perspective on them
- To look at customer complaints as part of the council’s complaint procedure
- To keep Southampton City Council tenants fully informed of its activities and findings
The Tenant Scrutiny Panel have been busy reviewing and producing the following:
- Have written a clear policy on use of communal rooms in supported housing blocks across the city, which has been supported and implemented by the council
- Looking at housings response to complaints to ensure they meet the expected standards. Reviewed the complaints section on the council website to ensure it is customer friendly
- Provided advice on the council domestic abuse leaflet so that it was clear and easy to read
- Reviewed the Code of Conduct for Tenant and Leaseholder Involvement to ensure that all participants feel they can be involved in all tenant engagement activities, in a supportive environment
- Suggested updates for the Tenants Handbook
The panel currently meets every other Thursday from 1-3pm.
Join the tenant scrutiny panel