If you’re hoping to make 2020 the year you find work or training, we’re here to help.
If you’re unhappy in your job or you’ve been unemployed for a while and want to start earning again, or even if you want to set up your own business, our Employment Support Team can help make your dreams a reality.
We offer FREE employment advice and assistance for all council tenants, offering specialist support if you’re disabled or disadvantaged.
We can help you:
- Realise your transferable skills and abilities
- Find training courses
- Look for jobs and contact employers
- Complete applications and update your CV
- Adjust to work
- Receive ongoing support to maintain your employment
Thanks to our support lots of local unemployed people have been helped to find new jobs, voluntary placements or training opportunities, in order to look forward to a brighter future.
Michael, a council tenant from Weston says his life has transformed thanks to our employment team.
Michael suffered from anxiety and depression, and was finding it hard to find the right job. He was stuck at home feeling lonely and isolated. However, with support from his Employment Officer, Michael attended a confidence building course, got out more in the community and, as a result his self-belief started to grow. We organised work experience at Southampton Registry Office to help Michael gain new skills, a reference and a confidence boost.
Michael said: "The work placement is giving me a chance to develop my skills and get back into the world of work. I’m now feeling a lot more confident thanks to the support I received, and I’m planning on continuing to work with the Employment Support Team to find a full time job when my placement ends."
Get in touch by calling on 023 8091 7585 to find out how we can support you.
Alternatively, drop in to your local T.E.E.M Work Club:
- Bitterne Library every Monday 10am-12pm
- Weston Library every Monday 1-3pm
- Maybush Local Housing Office every Tuesday 10am-12pm
- Northam Community Centre every Wednesday 10am-12pm
- Central Library in the Civic Centre every Thursday 3-5pm