The organisation that operates our ethical energy brand, CitizEn Energy, has been sold to British Gas, so all CitizEn Energy customers will now become British Gas customers. If you are one of these customers, don’t worry. Your energy charges won’t increase – in fact British Gas has promised to match or beat your current tariff.
If you are a CitizEn Energy customer, your account (and your Direct Debit if you have this set up) will automatically switch to British Gas so your energy supply and service will be uninterrupted.
Even though you won’t be paying any more for your energy bills, it’s a good idea to regularly check you’re getting the best price by comparing energy suppliers online.
British Gas will be in touch with you soon to explain what happens next and to confirm the details of your new tariff. If you were on a fixed price tariff with CitizEn Energy, your prices will either stay the same or reduce and the length of your current fixed deal will remain the same, but the name of your tariff might change.
If you would like a hand to compare energy deals and check you’re getting the best deal, you can contact Southampton Healthy Homes service for free, impartial energy advice. Visit the Environment Centre website or call the team on Freephone 0800 804 8601 (Monday-Friday, 9am- 5pm). The Healthy Homes team based in Southampton’s Environment Centre are on hand to help you:
- Compare energy deals and switch to cheaper energy suppliers
- Discuss your heating/hot water controls to ensure you’re using them in the most efficient way
- Apply for water and electricity discounts with your suppliers
- Register for additional support during emergencies by joining the Priority Services Register
- Apply for funding such as boiler repairs/replacements, insulation top-ups and even first-time central heating, depending on your eligibility.
If you were a CitizEn Energy customer and have queries about your contract, please contact the energy team or visit the Robin Hood Energy website.