Home library services
Do you love reading, but are unable to visit the library to borrow books?
Maybe health reasons or a disability mean you spend a lot of your time at home?
Southampton City libraries offer free home delivery services direct to your door.
Choose the service that suits you!
How do they work?
- Our friendly, fully trained staff will give you a special library card and contact you regularly about the type of books you like to read
- Choose from 1000s of titles, including spoken word CDs and books with larger print. We are happy to help you choose books and make recommendations
- Books will be delivered to your home, sheltered housing or residential home address and collected when you are finished with them
Deliveries made by courier
- Books will be delivered to your door by courier using an environmentally friendly electric cargo bike
For more information, please contact Allison Kirby or Joe Lydeard
Tel: 023 8083 3007 or 023 8091 5605
Deliveries made by volunteers
- We will pair you with a volunteer who lives in your area. After introductions, the volunteer will visit you monthly to collect and deliver your books
For more information please contact Joe Lydeard.
Tel: 023 8091 5605