Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Southampton City Libraries.
We appreciate and value the time and help our volunteers give and the benefit it brings to our customers, staff and the wider community.
Whatever your experience or amount of time you can give, there are opportunities for everyone.
These opportunities include:
- Discover and help preserve Southampton's local history collections
- Develop your IT skills and become a Digital Champion
- Delivering books to housebound people in their homes
- Volunteering for the Macmillan library project
- Volunteering to help with the Summer Reading Challenge
Applicants must be aged 16 or over. Successful applicants may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Apply to volunteer at the library.
If you have any questions about volunteering prior to applying, please let us know.
You will need to complete the online form and have the following information to hand:
- Your name and contact details
- Your borrower number (if relevant)
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill in the form.