Venue: Civic Centre
Contact: Judy Cordell, Senior Democratic Support Officer Tel: 023 8083 2766
Apologies and Changes in Panel Membership (if any)
To note any changes in membership of the Panel made in accordance with Council Procedure Rule 4.3.
The Committee welcomed Councillor Stagg, Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transport, Portsmouth City Council replacing Councillor Bosher.
To approve and sign as a correct record the Minutes of the meetings held on 11th October, 2017 and to deal with any matters arising.
The minutes of the meeting held on 11th October 2017 were agreed as a correct record.
To consider the report of the Principal
Transport Planner, Solent Transport, detailing a summary of
responses submitted by Solent Transport during the 2017/18 year on
strategic road and rail issues.
The Committee considered the report of the Principal Transport Planner detailing the responses to consultations submitted by Solent Transport during the 2017/18 year on strategic road and rail issues.
The following points were raised to be included in the current rail consultations:
· Refurbishment of trains was overdue. First Class seating needed to be reduced and the spaces used for general seating to be reconfigured to avoid wasted spaces.
· Links between towns and cities need to be more frequent, not a priority to be a fast service.
· Modal shift priority should be to get people off the roads and onto public transport. Need for the rail and bus services to be joined up and help with the problems.
· Mobile ticketing and finding the right ticket (split ticketing) needs to be more efficient across the network.
· Smart technology needs to be introduced quicker with an opportunity for rewards to encourage usage.
· Need to incentivise peak travel where possible
(i) To note the previous consultation responses made during the 2017/18 year; and
(ii) To note the suggested content in the report to the two current rail consultations and include comments made at this meeting.
To consider the report of the Solent Transport
Manager detailing a 2018/19 Business Plan as required by the Solent
Transport constitution and provides direction and focus for Solent
Transport over the 2018/19 financial year.
The Committee considered the report from the Solent Transport Manager proposing a 2018/19 Business Plan as required by the Solent Transport constitution and provides direction and focus for Solent Transport over the 2018/19 financial year.
(i) To approve the Solent Transport Business Plan 2018/19;
(ii) That Hampshire County Council, Isle of Wight Council, Southampton City Council and Portsmouth City Council ratify this adoption through their respective decision-making processes.
To consider the report of the Finance Officer,
Hampshire County Council detailing the revenue budget outturn for
the 201/18 financial year and to recommend approval of the revenue
budget for 2018/19.
The Committee considered the report of the Finance Business Partner detailing the revenue budget outturn for the 2017/18 financial year and revenue budget for 2018/19.
(i) To note the final outturn for the 2017/18 revenue budget;
(ii) To approve the carry forward of the 2017/18 balance, including proposals to ring-fence this in part to fund the next SRTM upgrade, to 2018/19;
(iii) To approve the partner revenue contributions for 2018/19;
(iv) To approve the revenue budget for 2018/19.