-RSE AND ADVICE
The development the new Action Plan, (due in January 2021), was delayed because of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Due to falling numbers in the Monitoring Group, AP stated it would be helpful to have a broader number of members established at the start of the 5-year cycle and invited SACRE members to volunteer for monitoring visits. AP hoped to negotiate release time for teachers new to SACRE to go into other schools.
Rev DJ encouraged members to volunteer explaining that monitoring was generally a very interesting and positive experience for everyone involved. Schools appreciated the interest and the honest feedback of observations linked with the Agreed Syllabus. Having two reviewers allowed consideration of a wider scope of materials. Schools had previously welcomed the reviews as a positive experience. For the reviewers it was useful to see excellent examples of RE work going on in the city and in Collective Worship. SACRE members
· Any SACRE member who would like to join the monitoring group would inform AP as soon as possible
· AP and RG would have a conversation with RG’s Head Teacher regarding teaching release time for RG.
RESOLVED that all proposed points for the Action Plan be approved and that SACRE take the following action:-
· SACRE would work on a 2-year Action Plan.
· The Plan would include the launch of Locally Agreed Syllabus in November 2021, and training for primary and secondary school teachers would be the top priority for subsequent 12 months.
RESOLVED that in addition to the proposed points, the following be added to the Action Plan:-
· Monitoring group decisions
· Decisions about how to prioritise the visits
· RE Quality Mark
· SACRE training and induction: Following SACRE member training on 27 September 2021, SACRE would ensure annual training for SACRE members.
· Places of worship mapping: MG to coordinate a group (to include SU and AD). And to include information needed before a visit. MG felt that this was one of the projects that Solent Film could do at some point in the future. AP noted secondary and primary leads – would be interested.
· CPD for Agreed Syllabus for both primary and secondary colleagues.
· Visits to schools from Faith Groups: CD, MG and SJ to work on this.
· SACRE annual reports: template to be developed for all reports.
· Advice Document Review: AP advised that a review was due in 2022 Spring term, of the statutory guidance advice document (1) General, and (2) Relationships and Sex Education, from a faith perspective. It was hoped that the reviews would form a broader piece of work for others to draw upon. It was agreed that the proposal to add the reviews to the Action Plan on an annual basis was approved.
The Following was noted for action:
· SACRE members would inform AP of any other awards that schools could use as external markers.
· AP would confirm the ASC Launch meeting date. Potentially, Monday 8 November 2021.
· AP would send out a schedule of work with a request that members join where other members had left.