Venue: Conference Room 3 and 4 - Civic Centre. View directions
Contact: Emily Goodwin/Pat Wood, Democratic Support Officer 023 8083 2302
Apologies and Changes in Membership (If Any)
To note any changes in membership of the Committee made in accordance with Council Procedure Rule 4.3.
The apologies of Councillors J Baillie, Furnell, Streets and T Thomas were noted.
Disclosure Of Personal And Pecuniary Interests
In accordance with the Localism Act 2011, and the Council’s Code of Conduct, Members to disclose any personal or pecuniary interests in any matter included on the agenda for this meeting.
Councillor McEwing declared a personal interest as being a branch chair and member of Unite and remained in the meeting.
To approve and sign as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 24 May 2018 and to deal with any matters arising.
It was noted that minute item 4 should not have included the year 2018 and had been amended to refer to the meeting held on 21 August 2017.
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 24 May 2018 be approved and signed as a correct record.
Report of Service Director Transactions and Universal Services seeking approval of the draft Statement of Licensing Principles for the Gambling Act 2005 for consultation purposes.
The Committee considered the report of the Service Director Transactions and Universal Services which sought approval of the draft Statement of Licensing Principles for the Gambling Act 2005 for consultation purposes.
Phil Bates, Licensing Manager was present and with the consent of the Chair addressed the meeting.
The Committee discussed the following
· The policy applied to premises licensed for the supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises where the premises also had a gaming machine installed;
· The legal distinction between a gaming machine and a gambling machine was noted;
· It was noted that the licensing/regulation of online gambling was carried out by the Gambling Commission;
· That the impact on the health and wellbeing of the City’s residents should be taken into consideration and it was noted that the Gambling Commission required operators to produce a premises risk assessment that identified risks to the licensing objectives in the location in which it was sited; and
· That Public Health be included in the consultation and that section 3.4 of the policy be amended to include Public Health in the list of organisations.
(i) That subject to the amendment above, the revised Statement of Licensing Principles for the Gambling Act 2005 be approved for consultation purposes;
(ii) That approval be given for the consultation period to run from 23 July 2018 to 12 October 2018;
(iii) That after the consultation period a briefing on the matters raised during the consultation and any amendments to the policy resulting therefrom be circulated to the Committee members for information; and
(iv) That a further report for the approval of the policy be taken to Council for consideration in November 2018.