The Books of Remembrance are richly hand bound and the inscriptions are added by expert calligraphers, illustrators and guilders to form a permanent record to commemorate your loved one.
The Book of Remembrance is on view daily in a display cabinet in our chapel of remembrance. It has a page for every day of the year. The pages are turned daily.
You can also order a Miniature Book of Remembrance and Memorial cards as personal keepsakes.
The date under which the entry is added is normally the date of death.
- An entry may consist of two, five or eight lines of up to 32 characters a line, with the name on the first line
- The entry can feature a motif or emblem
- All text is handwritten in calligraphic style with decorative first letter
- Personal copies of the inscriptions in the Book of Remembrance are available in Miniature Books and Memorial Cards
- Miniature Books are available in hand bound leather, vellum and faux suede
- Memorial cards are available in white or with an embossed lily or teddy
- Miniature Books and Memorial Cards can contain photographic material
- The miniature book also contains extra pages for future entries to be added so that a family record can be created
Southampton online Book of Remembrance
The Book of Remembrance application form can be filled in and returned by email or printed off and sent by post. On receipt of the form a member of the team will contact you to discuss your requirements.
Book of Remembrance application form
For more information about our memorials please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 023 8076 6405
Bassett Green Road