Antisocial behaviour

Antisocial behaviour is defined as behaviour that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more people from another household.

This includes your neighbours or any visitors to your property or neighbourhood.

Antisocial behaviour includes:

  • Noisy, threatening, or abusive behaviour
  • Vandalism, graffiti, or criminal damage
  • Harassment or intimidation
  • Public drunkenness
  • Littering or fly tipping
  • Illegal drug use or drug dealing
  • Excessively barking dogs or noisy pets

It does not include normal day to day living such as, but not limited to:

  • Sounds of children playing during the day or in the street or communal areas
  • Occasional DIY noise during the day
  • Noise from household appliances like washing machines
  • Babies crying
  • One-off parties and barbecues
  • Being unable to park outside your own home
  • Cooking odours
  • Civil disputes between neighbours, for example, shared driveways
  • Lifestyle differences
  • Young people gathering socially - unless they are being intimidating to an individual

We also assist our colleagues in the Police, Local Authority Housing and Registered Social Landlords when the complaint involves other tenants and residents.

We will seek to resolve reports informally or with the use of legal powers.

How to report antisocial behaviour

First, consider the safety of you and the victim. If either of you are in immediate danger, call the police immediately on 999. These can be situations where:

  • A crime is in progress
  • Someone is suspected of a crime nearby
  • There is danger to life
  • Violence is being used or threatened

For non-emergency incidents of anti-social behaviour, you can report this to the police using the non-emergency number, 101 or by using the online form below to contact us. This is either if you have experienced or witnessed an incident.


Before you fill in this form

You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill in the form.

We will review the report and contact you within five working days.

Report antisocial behaviour