What is the ASB Case Review?
The ASB Case Review, previously known as the Community Trigger, gives victims of antisocial behaviour the right to request action starting with a review of their case, where a defined threshold is reached. The aim of ASB Case Review is to try to find a resolution.
Who can request the ASB Case Review?
- A victim of antisocial behaviour
- Another person acting on behalf of the victim
- An individual acting on behalf of a group of residents or a community group
What is the ASB Case Review threshold?
An ASB Case Review can be activated if the following conditions have been met and if it appears that no action has been taken to address antisocial behaviour when either:
- An individual makes three complaints about antisocial behaviour within a 6-month period
- A group of five individuals within a local community have separately reported similar incidents of antisocial behaviour. Please note: The individual acting on behalf of the group must have the consent from all the other individuals to initiate the community trigger
To meet the criteria in all cases, incidents need to have:
- Been reported within one month of the incident
- The last reported incident must have occurred within the previous six months
How to activate the ASB Case Review?
In the first instance the victim or representative should contact Hampshire & IOW Constabulary on the non-emergency number 101.
What will happen?
The information will be sent to the relevant local authority. If the threshold is met agencies will share information, review what action has already been taken and decide if additional actions are appropriate or possible to help find a solution.
If you are experiencing a new antisocial behaviour issue
For non-emergency incidents of anti-social behaviour, you can report this to us online. This is either if you have experienced or witnessed an incident.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill in the form.
We will review the report and contact you within five working days.