A permit is required to park in residents' permit zones during restricted hours.
To apply for a permit online
To apply for a permit online, you will need:
- A MySouthampton account - We will ask you to sign up or log in when applying
- To upload proof of your address and vehicle ownership - A smartphone photograph will do
- Your student reference number (if applicable)
- To make the payment with a credit or debit card. Your card must be registered for 3D Secure for the payment to be successful
- A printer (you can carry on without a printer but you will need one to print the temporary permit)
We aim to process your permit application within two working days of your request. Once we have processed your application, you should receive your permit in the post within seven working days.
Please note: If we ask you for more information, and you do not respond within three months, your application will be closed and you will not be refunded.
If you are unable to go online
If you are unable to go online you can make an appointment at Gateway by calling 023 8083 2005.
Alternatively, if you do not wish to make an appointment, you can visit Gateway and wait in the queue. However, priority is given to customers with an appointment and at busy times you may have to wait up to an hour.
Apply for a non-resident permit in person
The following permits must be applied for in person: