Season ticket guidance: Anytime and Overnight
For anyone wishing to park in selected car parks in the city centre, including the multi-storey car parks. You can apply for either an Anytime Season Ticket, valid all day every day, or an Overnight season ticket, valid after 6pm and before the next charging period begins.
Your vehicle must:
- Not exceed five metres in length
- Not weigh more than 3.5 tonnes
- Not be adapted to carry more than eight passengers, excluding the driver (not drawing a trailer)
- Not be a motorcycle
How many season tickets can I apply for?
The number of season tickets per household is not restricted and up to two registration numbers can be added to the season ticket.
In which car parks can I use this season ticket?
For Overnight Season Tickets:
There may be a height restriction in some car parks and you will need to choose either parking in a surface car park or parking in a multi-storey car park:
- An Overnight Paper Season Ticket is valid for use in any surface car parks listed in Car Park List A
- An Overnight Season Card (Proximity Card) can be used in any of the multi-storey car parks listed in Car Park List B
Paper Season Tickets will not allow access to a barrier controlled car park. If you wish your season ticket to apply for one of these facilities, please nominate which car park you will use and a proximity card will be issued instead.
For the Anytime Season Ticket:
- Paper Season Ticket can be used in any of the car parks listed in Car Park List C. Paper season tickets will not allow access to a barrier controlled car park.
Always check the signs for information about parking restrictions.
How much do season tickets cost?
For an Anytime Season Ticket:
- Valid for three months costs £300 (£30 for electric vehicles)
- Valid for six months costs £575 (£60 for electric vehicles)
- Valid for a year costs £1,100 (£120 for electric vehicles)
For an Overnight Season Ticket:
For 12 months costs £150 (£15 for electric vehicles)
How do I apply for a season ticket?
Download a Season Ticket application form, you can apply for both vehicles in the same form, and provide the following:
- Copy of your certificate of motor insurance/cover note for each vehicle
- Cheque (if applying by post)
You can either return the form by post or in person (by appointment) at Gateway.
Download an application form
An administration charge will be made to replace a lost/damaged season ticket. Refunds will no longer be offered on season tickets issued after 1 April 2019.
WARNING: Misuse of a season ticket is fraud. We will investigate all reports of the misuse of permits.
Section 115 of the Road Traffic Regulations Act, 1984
Provides penalties for any person who makes a false statement to obtain a season ticket or with intent to deceive, forges, or alters, or uses, or lends to, or allows to be used, or has in their possession any document so closely resembling any such season ticket as to be calculated to deceive.