Guidance: Evening Parking Pass
For recognised or registered societies, charities and organisations contributing to the community to park on street and in selected car parks after 6pm and before the next charging period begins.
Also, your vehicle must:
- Not exceed five metres in length
- Not weigh more than 3.5 tonnes
- Not be adapted to carry more than eight passengers, excluding the driver (not drawing a trailer)
- Not be a motorcycle
How many season tickets can I apply for?
Evening Parking Passes are sold in books of 10 with an option for individual passes on request. One pass is valid for one vehicle for one evening. You may apply for up to 50 free parking passes a year.
Which car parks can I use this season ticket?
You can park from 6pm until the next daytime charging period commences in all city centre on-street Pay and Display bays or in a surface car park listed in Car Park List A.
Always check the signs for information about parking restrictions.
How much does an evening parking pass cost?
- If you qualify, this will be free
- If you do not qualify for a free pass, we can offer discounted parking at £1 per pass
How do I apply?
The Evening Parking Pass will only be issued to members of the charity/organisation for use in connection with the activities of the charity/organisation.
Complete an application form along with:
- A letter of authority on charity/organisation’s headed paper that you are acting with their authority to request the parking passes
- Proof of your membership of the charity/ organisation
- Charity/organisation registration number (if applicable)
- Evidence/ a statement that the pass will be used solely in connection with the activities of the charity/organisation on whose behalf you are requesting them
- Cheque (if applying by post)
You can either return the form by post or in person (by appointment) at Gateway.
Download an application form
The passes will be sent by post to the address of the charity, marked for your attention.
WARNING: Misuse of a parking pass is fraud. We will investigate all reports of the misuse of permits, season tickets and parking passes.
Section 115 of the Road Traffic Regulations Act, 1984
Provides penalties for any person who makes a false statement to obtain a parking pass or with intent to deceive, forges, or alters, or uses, or lends to, or allows to be used, or has in their possession any document so closely resembling any such parking pass as to be calculated to deceive.