If your child is in Year 2 and attends an infant school, you should apply for a Year 3 place at a junior or primary school for September 2024.
Applications for Year 3 (junior) closed on 15 January 2024 at 23:59.
For children attending infant schools, an application needs to be made for their Year 3 place at a junior school.
Some parents with a child in Year 2 at an infant school may wish to apply for a Year 3 place in a primary school. In addition to applying for a junior school place, you will need to make an in-year application for the preferred primary school.
For main round applications, the school place offered will be for a full time place starting from 1 September 2024. Find out more about how to apply for a school place.
You can now read information on the process for 'main round' admission into Year 3 for the 2024/25 academic year at Coordinated Scheme for Entry Into Year 3 at Junior Schools (2024/25).
Linked infant and junior schools
Many infant and junior schools are linked and work collaboratively. While a place at a linked junior school is not guaranteed, it is a priority used in the admissions policies when allocating places due to oversubscription.
Applications for September 2024 are now closed
If you would still like to make an application, please visit our late applications page for more information.
Apply for a school place - UNDER REPAIR
Other useful information
- School admissions policies
- Infant, junior and primary school performance data
- Junior schools catchment map
- Infant and primary school catchment map
- How places were offered at oversubscribed junior schools for 2023 entry
- How places were offered at oversubscribed junior schools - last three years
- Ofsted reports | Changes to inspections from September 2019