Adult Education and Community Learning, including the Multiply Numeracy Programme
Adult Learning opportunities can:
- Increase your skills to support you into work
- Enable you to gain qualifications
- Help you to meet new friends
- Enable you to find new hobbies or interests
- Help you learn English
- Improve your reading and writing
- Improve your numbers
I need English and maths help
The following organisations can help you improve your English and maths:
- LearnDirect – for help with basic English and maths
- City College Southampton – provides courses for adult learners with learning difficulties
- Itchen College – provides courses for adult learners
- Chris Polatch - The Language Specialists – provides private English lessons in Southampton
- First Tutors – find an English home tutor
- GOV.UK – find a course on the National Careers Service course finder
Multiply Numeracy Project
Multiply is a new government-funded programme to help adults improve their numeracy skills.
If you’re aged 19 and over and don’t have a maths GCSE at grade C (or equivalent), you can access free numeracy courses through Multiply to build your confidence with numbers and gain a qualification.
Good numeracy skills may unlock job opportunities and lead to higher wages or prepare you for further study. They also help in everyday life, such as helping children with homework and budgeting money.
There will be courses for beginners to more advanced courses such as GCSE Maths, Functional Skills Qualifications, or equivalent. Online tutorials and content are also available, so you will be able to learn at a pace that suits you.
You can find out more information at Multiply - Skills for Life.
How much does it cost?
If you are receiving a benefit your course may be free, available to you at a discounted price or you may be able to get Learner Support. You will need to contact the course providers to find out how much the course may cost and how to apply for Learner Support.
|Sub-contracting Delivery Policy 2022-23||256.4 KB|
|Adult Education Role and Purpose Statement 2022-23||254.0 KB|
|Adult Learning Pound Plus Policy 2022-23||143.9 KB|
|Adult Learning Fees Policy 2022-23||164.5 KB|
|Community Learning Ofsted inspection 2017||199.4 KB|
|Adult Learning Privacy Notice||72.3 KB|
|Adult Learner Handbook 2022-23||2.1 MB|