Healthy and Sustainable Schools
Our Healthy Schools Collective is a group of local authority and across city teams. They are working to raise engagement, improve outcomes and support the schools, children and young people of our city in making healthier and more sustainable choices within their communities.
Our goal is to encourage and educate children and young people to live healthier and environmentally sustainable lifestyles.
To help champion a healthier and sustainable city, we are working together with schools to support young people in their community to develop their character. This will maximise their health and wellbeing so they can reach their full potential now and in the future.
To do this we will work together to:
- Provide information about the health, sustainability and wellbeing needs of children and young people
- Provide information about evidence-based school programmes to address these needs that will quality assure the projects undertaken by schools
- Develop networks of support by joining up different organisations and quality assured support services that can work with schools
- Address needs of children and young people to build their resilience, confidence and independence – and help them know how to keep physically and mentally healthy in a sustainable way
Healthy and sustainable school audit
The aim of the audit is to encourage schools to review and set small objectives. This is applies to the initiatives in place and the work being carried out to improve the health, wellbeing and sustainability of the school community.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself at least five minutes to fill in the form.
Find out more and take your healthy and sustainable school audit
Congratulations to the following schools for achieving the Gold Healthy High 5 Award for the Autumn Term:
- Redbridge Primary School
- Bitterne C of E Primary School
- Maytree Infant School
Calendar of events
Here are some of the upcoming events in Healthy and Sustainable Schools:
|Wilder Southampton Festival||The month of June||Sustainable Schools||Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust|
|United Nations World Environment Day||Monday 5 June||Sustainable Schools|
|Year 9/10 Girls’ Rounders League - Various||Tuesday 6, 13, 20, 27 June||4pm - 5pm||Physically Active||Entry is through School Games Organisers only|
|Year 7/8 Softball Cricket League - Various||Thursday 8, 15, 22, 29 June||4pm - 5pm||Physically Active||Entry is through School Games Organisers only|
View more on the full calendar of events.