What is the MAX Card?
The MAX Card will be issued to all children and young people who register with The Buzz Network. It gives discounts or benefits to the holder and one other person at a range of venues and organisations within Southampton and further afield.
The card can only be used by the registered child and their parent/carer – don't lend it to anyone else.
Who can get the MAX Card?
The MAX Card is available to any child or young person registered on The Buzz Network. If you are not a member of the Buzz Network and would like further information, visit the Buzz Network page on our directory.
You are eligible to join The Buzz Network if your child or young person:
- Is under 19
- Live within Southampton City Council boundaries
- Has a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND)
Eligibility for Max Card Plus
If you meet the Max Card criteria and you are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) you will be eligible for a MAX Card Plus. This will give additional benefits such as access to specialist play schemes. If you supply evidence of this to the Short Breaks Officer you will receive a MAX Card Plus.
MAX Cards are issued based on The Buzz Network eligibility criteria. These will be reviewed every two years, however it is your responsibility to let us know of any changes to circumstances within this time.
How to apply for a card?
You need to register with The Buzz Network before you are able to receive a MAX Card. You will receive a MAX Card in the post once you have registered with The Buzz Network.
If your child is in receipt of DLA or PIP and you have provided a copy of this evidence to The Buzz Network then you will receive a MAX Card Plus in the post once you have signed up.
We are unable to issue a MAX Card Plus until we have received evidence of your eligibility. We are unable to return documents so don't send original documents.
|MAX Card plus
|Member of the Buzz Network – receive updates, E-Newsletters etc.
|Discount to a number of restaurants
|Discounted rates for child and parent/carer at an increasing number of venues across the city
|Discounted rates for child and parent/carer at a large number of participating venues across the country
|Booking rights for Buzz play schemes
|Booking rights for Buzz community activities
Where can the MAX Card be used?
The MAX Card can be used at a large number of venues within Southampton and beyond. The list of participating places continues to grow and includes some of the following:
- Go Ape! Itchen Valley Country Park
- Partyman World of Play
- Longdown Dairy Farm
- New Forest Wildlife Park
- Sea City Museum
All participating venues can be found on the MAX Card website.
We recommend that you contact the venue prior to your visit to check that they are still a part of the scheme and other up-to-date details such as:
- Opening times
- To check the current discounts on offer
- Their provision for children and young people with SEND
Activities for MAX Card Plus
If you're a member of the Buzz Network and have a MAX Card Plus, you can access a selection of community based activities:
- Active Nation Inclusive Activities
- Isle of Wight Lodge and Caravan
- No Limits Time 4U youth groups
- Rose Road Association Bradbury Holiday Scheme
- Southampton Mencap FairPlay Junior Holiday Scheme
- Southampton Mencap FairPlay Junior Saturday Club
- Southampton Mencap FairPlay Teen Scheme
- Southampton Mencap FairPlay Teen Saturday Club
- SCPA - Southampton Children's Play Association
Help to improve the MAX Card
If you have experience of a great venue that is not currently on our list but you think they might like to become part of our scheme you can:
- Inform us and we will speak to the venue about joining the scheme
- Speak to the manager of the venue and they can contact us for further information