Southampton welcomes many visitors who need cruise parking or long stay parking for other purposes like travelling to the Isle of Wight or staying with friends or relatives.
You can park for longer periods at several barrier controlled multi-storey car parks in Southampton. See below for details about our Bedford Place, Eastgate Street and Grosvenor Square car parks. These charge only £5 per day after the first 24 hour charging period as part of a single stay.
Cruise parking prices
|Charge for first 24 hours
|Subsequent charge per day
|Example charge for seven day stay
|Bedford Place multi-storey
|Eastgate Street multi-storey
|Grosvenor Square multi-storey
On your return, simply insert your ticket into pay machines as normal and the charge will be calculated automatically.
Travelling onwards to your cruise terminal
Travelling onwards from your chosen car park to the cruise terminal or ferry terminal is straightforward. For example, cruise or ferry passengers who have parked in Eastgate Street, there is a taxi rank on the High Street, two minutes' walk from the car park.
Other cruise parking services
Cruise customers are urged to carefully research third-party operators before making a booking for parking on land other than the port. Cruise & Passenger Services provide a park and cruise scheme within the port.
Advice when researching providers
When researching providers, cruise customers should:
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to ensure that the service offered provides you the safety, security, and assurances you require
- Pay close attention to any limitations and exclusions, such as liability regarding Fixed Penalty Notices, cancellation, damage, theft, disconnection of trackers/dash cams, towing and impounding
- Ensure the company you use holds the appropriate insurance should your vehicle be damaged, lost or stolen
- Ensure you have the address of where your car will be parked while on your cruise. If your car will be parked on private land such as a supermarket, hotel, or residential parking, contact the landowner to ensure the company has their permission to store your car on their land
If you use a 'price comparison' website:
- Ensure that the companies promoted can be contacted directly for a quote, and that you would be able to contact them directly regarding your booking or any queries
- Check that the website compares prices to all independent cruise parking companies, and to the prices available with Associated British Ports and Cruise & Passenger Services, who provide parking services in the port itself
Complaints regarding parking providers
If you have a complaint regarding any parking provider, contact them directly in writing in the first instance. If you remain dissatisfied, you can obtain advice from:
- Citizen’s Advice on 0800 144 8848
- Consumer Helpline on 0808 223 1133
If you have paid by credit or debit card, you may be able to contact your bank to instigate a charge back.
Make it to the game on time
Get updates on roadworks - sign up to City News