Foreign registered vehicles

A foreign registered vehicle can be used in the UK for six months if it is fully taxed in the home country. After this, the vehicle must be registered with the DVLA and will no longer have a foreign registration plate.

Foreign registered vehicles may only be removed if they are damaged or hazardous to the public.

Report an abandoned vehicle

You will need to provide:

  • The road name and location of the vehicle
  • The registration number
  • Your contact details (The DVLA require us to be able to identify the person making a report of an abandoned vehicle as a condition of making enquiries on their database)
  • It will help if you give us details of why you think the vehicle is dangerous

You may make further reports of the same vehicle. This will help us establish how long it has remained in the same location.