Births and deaths
To book an appointment to register a birth or death, or to order a copy certificate, follow the links below
- Register a birth
- Register a death
- Order a copy certificate
- Parents wishing to register a stillbirth or death of a child should contact us using the contact us form below and mark as urgent. The team will respond to you directly. Alternatively check with your midwife or healthcare professional as they may have already made contact with us.
Marriages and civil partnerships
For all marriage and civil partnership enquiries and bookings contact us by completing the get in touch form at the bottom of the page and we will respond to your enquiry within five working days. Our phone lines are currently closed as they are being prioritised for registering deaths. Please be aware that our emails are monitored regularly, Monday to Friday during office hours and we will respond to you.
For urgent (only) marriage and civil partnership enquiries, outside of these office hours, please telephone the Out of Hours service on 023 8023 3344 and they will contact us directly.
- To order a marriage or civil partnership certificate please order online
European Settlement Scanning and Verification Service
This service is temporarily suspended. Please see full guidance on how to scan your documents from home using your own device.
For more can be found on our European Settlement Scanning and Verification Service page.
Southampton Register Office
Southampton Register Office
6a Bugle Street
- Location of Southampton Register Office on a Google map
- Use My journey route planner to travel to Southampton Register Office by public transport
Find parking near the Register Office by entering 'Bugle Street' into the search field of our parking map
Normal opening times
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Tuesday 10:00am to 4:30pm
- Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Saturday by appointment only for ceremonies
- For out of hours telephone 02380 233344
When attending your appointment please
- Arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time
- Bring all the correct documents with you or your appointment may need to be rescheduled
If you are late for your appointment or do not attend your notice of marriage/civil partnership your appointment fee will be retained.
If you are unable to keep your appointment please use the get in touch form below. Please be advised that for Marriage and Civil partnership notice appointments you should give at least 2 working days’ notice to cancel or move your appointment. Please check your terms and conditions.
Booking terms and conditions
Download the Terms and Conditions of Acceptance for ceremonies and other services offered by Southampton Registration Services.