Health Overview and Scrutiny Panel
1. To discharge all responsibilities of the Council
for health overview and scrutiny, whether as a statutory duty or
through the exercise of a power, including subject to formal
guidance being issued from the Department of Health, the referral
of issues to the Secretary of State.
2. To undertake the scrutiny of Adult Social Care
issues in the City unless they are forward plan items. In such
circumstances members of the Health Overview and Scrutiny Panel
will be invited to the relevant Overview and Scrutiny Management
Committee meeting where they are discussed.
3. To develop and agree the annual health and social
care scrutiny work programme.
4. To scrutinise the development and implementation
of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment and Health and Wellbeing
Strategy developed by the Health and Wellbeing Board.
5. To provide the membership of any joint committee
established to respond to formal consultations by an NHS body on an
issue which impacts the residents of more than one overview and scrutiny committee
6. To consider Councillor Calls for Action for health
and social care matters.
7. To respond to proposals and consultations from NHS
bodies in respect of substantial variations in service provision
and any other major health consultation exercises.
8. Liaise with the Southampton LINk, and its successor body
‘Healthwatch’, and to respond to any matters brought to
the attention of overview and scrutiny by the Southampton
LINk and its’ successor body
9. Provide a vehicle for the City Council’s
Overview & Scrutiny Management Committee to refer
recommendations arising from panel inquiries relating to the
City’s health, care and well-being to Southampton’s
LINk, and its’ successor body
‘Healthwatch’, for further monitoring.
10. Undertake inquiries relating to health and
well-being issues in the City.