Before you start
The quickest and easiest way to report a repair is online. You will receive a response to your repair request within 24 working hours.
Report a repair
If you are reporting an urgent/emergency repair, you will need to telephone us.
When you report a repair we will ask you
- Your name, address, phone number and email address to confirm your repair
- What, where and the severity of the problem, giving as much detail as possible
- When you are available to allow access to your property.
We will then advise you
- If it is your responsibilities as a tenant to carry out the repair
- If there are charges for repairs to be carried out
- Your job order number – keep this safe as this will make it easier for you if you need to speak to us in the future
- An appointment date and time slot when the repair will be carried out, where possible
How soon will my repair be done?
We know that when you report a repair you want it sorted as quickly as possible. But with nearly 950 repair requests received each week we have to deal with the most urgent jobs first.
When you report a repair, we will tell you which following categories it falls into:
- Emergency repairs like loss of heating or hot water in winter or a burst pipe will be carried out on the same day, usually within four hours
- Urgent repairs like broken windows or blocked drains will be fixed within two days
- Standard repairs will be given an appointment within the next 25 days, with more vital repairs like mould and damp problems or broken kitchen/bathroom extractor fans prioritised to 10 days. Less urgent jobs like repairing kitchen units, doors, fences or gates will be carried out within 25 days.
Re-arranging or cancelling your appointment
If you are no longer available or you no longer need the appointment, you need to let us know as soon as possible. You can use our online form below so long as the appointment is not today or tomorrow, otherwise you will need to contact housing services
Re-arrange or cancel an appointment
IMPORTANT - If you are out when our tradesperson calls, your job will be cancelled and a card put through your door. You will need to report the repair again and arrange a new appointment.
Self-help guides and videos to help fix minor repairs
You can use the links below to see how you could fix minor repairs using by following these step-by-step guides and videos
Other useful information