Changing schools

You can change your child's school during the academic year if:

  • You have recently moved to Southampton
  • You are not happy with your child's current school

To change your child's school during the academic year, you will need to complete a paper in-year application form.

  • If your child is on roll at a school in the city, even if they aren't attending, please complete the form at your child's current school. They will forward it to us.
  • If your child does not have a school place, or you live outside the city, either:
    • Call us on 023 8083 3004 and ask for an application form to be sent to you
    • Collect a form from Gateway at One Guildhall Square


If you wish to apply for a school place in a Hampshire school, you should contact the Hampshire Admissions team at or telephone 0300 555 1377.