Southampton Household Waste Recycling Centre
The address for the Southampton recycling centre is City Depot and Recycling Park, First Avenue, Southampton SO15 0LJ
The site is managed for the council by Veolia Environmental Services.
The centre is open seven days a week from 9am to 6pm - 1 April - 30 September 2017
Please leave yourself enough time to arrive and unload your waste before the site is due to close.
Cars and 4 x 4 are permitted but you need to check height and weight restrictions of other vehicles via our Vehicle access to the recycling centre page.
You can find out more Information and charges for DIY Waste on our dedicated page.
Many of the country's HWRC's will offer small commercial businesses a 'pay by the load' quick and convenient recycling and waste disposal
You can find out more information on our Trade waste page.
What can I take to the centre?
(There is no charge when taking the items listed below)
- Paper, cardboard, newspapers and magazines
- Mixed glass bottles and jars
- Gas bottles
- Garden waste
- Radiators and storage heaters (but not the bricks inside)
- Wood and timber
- Electrical items and fluorescent tubes
- Household and garden chemicals
- Batteries, including car batteries
- Fridges and freezers
What can't I take to the centre?
- Ammunition, explosives and weapons
- Chemicals and other toxic substances
- Dead animals
- Gas cylinders
- Japanese knotweed
- Landlord's waste
- Petrol and diesel
- Syringes and medical waste
- Trade or commercial waste
For more information on what can and can't be taken to the centre, please ring 023 8078 4679.
Other local recycling centres
Find your nearest recycling centre
Find a Licensed contractor