Due to planned maintenance on Sunday 29 March, our web site may be unavailable between 8am and 12 noon. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

A to Z of Council Services

Tables and chairs licence

Licence to place tables and chairs on the highway

More about: Tables and chairs licence

Taxi and private hire vehicle licensing

More about: Taxi and private hire vehicle licensing


List of phone numbers for the council

More about: Phone us

Tenant Participation Unit

We are responsible for encouraging tenants to get involved in housing matters. We provide advice and help to tenants wishing to set up tenants' groups. We also give information on other ways tenants can have a say in housing services.

More about: Tenant Participation Unit

Tenants' link magazine

The tenants' link magazine aims to update tenants about what is happening within the council that affects them. There is also news and features on achievements by tenants for tenants.

More about: Tenants' link magazine

The Care Act

More about: The Care Act

Trade Waste

More about: Commercial Waste

Trading Standards

Our aim is to help business to trade fairly and comply with legislation and to help consumers to protect themselves when shopping or buying services.

More about: Trading Standards


Southampton has an excellent range of public transport options.

More about: Travel and transport


Thousands of native trees have already been planted as part of the council's commitment to ensure that the city remains a green and pleasant place to live.

More about: Trees

Trees for life

Trees for life planting scheme

More about: Trees for life

Back to top of A to Z