With the special decorating scheme two rooms can be decorated once every five years free of charge.
To qualify for this scheme every tenant at the property must meet the following criteria:
- Every tenant living at the property must have reached 70 years old or be in receipt of one of the following disability benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit (Long-term Rate)
- Employment & Support Allowance: Main Phase: (Support Group or Work Related Activity Group)
- Housing Benefit (with Disability Premium or Higher Pensioner Premium)
- Income Support (with Disability Premium or Higher Pensioner Premium)
- Industrial Injuries Benefits
- War Disablement Pension
The tenants must have lived at the property for a minimum of 5 years.
It must be at least 5 years since the tenant last had decorating carried out under this scheme at this property.
There must be no arrears for rent or rechargeable repairs.
There must not be an active 'Right to Buy' application.
Apply for the special decorating scheme