Day service providers typically offer social activities and support to enable people to live as independently as possible. Many day services offer support for elderly people or adults with learning difficulties, mental health issues or physical disabilities.
Day service roles may entail the following
- Providing activities for people to develop new skills and new hobbies
- Supporting people to undertake social activities, such as games, outings, cooking, and more
- Assisting with mobility exercises
- Helping those recover from illness, such as stroke
- Providing companionship and building strong relationships