Southampton is a bike-friendly city, and we are always working hard to improve cycling infrastructure and encourage more people to leave their cars at home. Southampton offers cyclists:
- Cycle lanes along congested routes
- Advanced stop lines at busy road junctions
- Shared use lanes for cyclists and pedestrians
- Dedicated cycle routes
- National Cycle Network routes
- Bike doctor repairs and servicing
- Let's Ride Southampton
- New bike scheme - Beryl Bikes by Breeze
You can find out more about the ongoing work to make Southampton a true cycling city by visiting the Connecting Southampton website.
The following training opportunities are available to cyclists:
- Basic training for children over the age of 10
- Advanced training for secondary school pupils
- Adult tuition in bike control and road craft
- Family cycling
Find out more about cycling training courses by visiting the My Journey website.
Off-road public practice sites
Where parents can take young children to help them learn basic control and riding skills.