Training Support course booking - Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
When a course is booked with us we will record the delegate’s name, contact details (work address, email and phone number), any specific requirements and their role within the organisation. We also record their date of birth to act as a unique identifier and social inclusion data. We record these details electronically so we can complete the booking, charging and payment process, ensure any specific needs are met, keep them informed about the course, create a register and produce statistical and evaluative reports on training for Southampton City Council audits and inspections.
At the time of booking, we will also ask permission to retain the delegate’s details so we can let them know about other courses that we are offering. After the course is finished we ask them to complete a voluntary evaluation sheet; they do not need to supply a name. These details will only be available to Southampton City Council, its Safeguarding Partners and the relevant trainer. If any comments are to be used in publicity, we will seek permission to use them beforehand.
For Southampton City Council employees and staff at maintained schools, this information will be retained up to the year they cease employment plus 7 years. Registers and evaluation sheets will be deleted after the current financial year plus one year. Please note the financial year runs 1 April to 31 March. This is in accordance with the Southampton City Council Corporate Retention Schedule.
For delegates not employed by Southampton City Council, we will retain all details for the financial year (1 April to 31 March) plus two years from the last time they booked training with us.
You can request your details are deleted at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Booking Terms and Conditions
- Before applying for a place on any of the courses, you are required to discuss and agree its relevance to your overall learning and development plan with your manager.
- Please complete all parts of the booking form in full, otherwise your request may be delayed / not processed at all.
- Completion of the booking form does not guarantee a place on the course. If you are allocated a place, you will be informed via email.
- Spaces on courses are limited and it is important that all places are utilised. Many places are allocated on a first come first served basis, although a few are allocated to ensure a full multi-agency mix and individual suitability for the course subject.
- Southampton City Council reserves the right to modify or cancel any course advertised in the brochure. Most courses require a minimum of 10 delegates to run.
- If you have opted in, we will send you information about other courses. If you no longer wish to receive details about other courses, please let us know in writing by emailing email@example.com
- Our correspondence will be with the email address given on the booking form. It is the responsibility of the email recipient to ensure the necessary people are aware of our correspondence.
- Please note that every training request will receive a response well in advance of the course date. If you do not receive confirmation at least 14 days before your course start date, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately as non-attendance will incur the full course fees.
Note to Managers
Bookings are made in the delegate’s name and we will hold the contact details they supply relating to their place of work. Southampton City Council cannot be responsible for delegates who book with us without their manager’s agreement and consent. The delegate will be expected to stay for the entire course and Certificates of Attendance will be sent to the email that was supplied at the time of booking. Please be aware that if a member of staff attends training from your organisation, you will be liable for payment.
Southampton City Council Employees
The cost for Southampton City Council Children and Family services employees attending training may be met through the centralised Continuous Professional Development budget. Confirmation of a place on the course will be sent out along with any other important information, such as reading or pre-course materials/activities.
It is essential that you book a place so that we can be sure that there are sufficient course materials, seats and tables, and that we do not exceed venue limitations of numbers for health and safety reasons. You may be asked to leave if you have not booked your place.
14 days written notice of cancellation is required to avoid being charged. This should be by email to email@example.com.We will acknowledge all cancellations, so if you do not hear from us 14 days before the course start date you will need to contact us urgently to avoid incurring course fees and administrative charges.
We understand that there will be times when you cannot attend and cannot give 14 days’ notice, due to unforeseen circumstances. In this event it is important that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to offer you an alternative date, however Southampton City Council reserves the right to charge you for this place, and any administrative costs incurred. Costs may be waived only at the discretion of the Workforce Development Operations Manager, who will need all requests to be put in writing by emailing email@example.com.
Often our courses become full, and so some people have to be added to a waiting list. If someone cancels their place, we will offer it to the first person on the waiting list.
Equality and Diversity Statement
Issues of equality and diversity are integrated within the content, structure and delivery of all the courses in this training programme. We seek to reflect the diversity of communities nationally and in Southampton, as well as the diversity of Southampton’s workforce. Respect for difference is intrinsic to the courses and any form of discrimination will not be tolerated.
All details of courses, venues, dates, times, and costs contained in this brochure are correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Southampton City Council cannot be held responsible for any errors contained therein, and we therefore respectfully reserve the right to cancel or modify any of the courses in this brochure.
The list of venues below is hyperlinked to their Google Maps location. Within this site you are able to access directions by detailing your starting point, filter by your type of transport, as well highlighting any known road disruptions or traffic incidents.