Although most legal restrictions will be lifted at step 4, and many people have been vaccinated, it is still possible to catch and spread COVID-19, even if you are fully vaccinated, and we are still in the third wave of this pandemic in the UK.
COVID-19 will be a feature of our lives for the foreseeable future, so although restrictions are ending, Covid isn’t.
It is important that we all use personal judgement to manage our own risk. All of us can play our part by exercising common sense and considering the risks. While no situation is risk free, the following are actions we can take to protect ourselves and others around us:
- testing when you have symptoms and targeted asymptomatic testing in education, high risk workplaces and to help people manage their personal risk.
- isolating when positive or when contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
- wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport.
- minimising the number, proximity and duration of social contacts.
Every action to help reduce the spread will reduce any further resurgence of the virus in the coming months.
Read our latest weekly COVID-19 data. ▲
There are no recent updates on this subject.
Week beginning 29 March 2021
Week beginning 22 March 2021
Week beginning 15 March 2021
Week beginning 8 March 2021
Week beginning 1 March 2021
Week beginning Monday 22 February 2021
- Council joins forces with local support agencies to protect rough sleepers during the COVID-19 pandemic
Week beginning Monday 25 January 2021
- From Monday 25 January, concessionary passes can be used at any time on Southampton's buses
- Housing repairs are currently limited to urgent and emergency repairs
Week beginning Monday 4 January 2021
- You can now apply for a temporary resident parking permit even if you are not usually eligible
- Housing repairs are currently limited to urgent issues/health and safety concerns
- New advice for people making new claims for benefits
- Schools to move to online learning from 5 January 2021 and school crossing patrols have been suspended
- The Government has announced that the job retention scheme will continue until 30 April 2021
- Libraries closed Wednesday 6 January 2021 while service offer is reassessed in line with new national lockdown
- The Household Waste and Recycling Centre at Millbrook remains open - book online before visiting
- Updated ceremony restrictions have been announced
Week beginning Monday 21 December 2020
- Southampton moves to Tier 4 ‘Stay at Home’ COVID-19 alert level on 26 December
- Gateway at One Guildhall Square is now temporarily closed
- SeaCity Museum, Southampton City Art Gallery and Tudor House and Gardens are temporarily closed
- Household Waste and Recycling Centre at Millbrook will remain open but the ‘Re-use’ shop is closed
- Indoor leisure and sports facilities are temporarily closing; outdoor public spaces and play areas remain open
- Community rooms in housing complexes will be temporarily closed
- New guidelines for Tier 4 guests attending weddings outside of their area
Week beginning Monday 14 December 2020
Week beginning Monday 7 December 2020
- Christmas support payments for wet-led pubs
- New local restrictions support grant launched
- Winter plan for testing sites
- Update on cash grants for businesses
Week beginning Monday 30 November 2020
Week beginning Monday 23 November 2020
- Southampton to enter Tier 2 status for COVID-19 when national restrictions lift next week
- Latest information on ceremonies booked for the month of December (after 2nd)
Week beginning Monday 9 November, 2020
- Businesses can now apply online for the Local Restrictions Support Grant
Week beginning Monday 2 November, 2020
- Latest information on adult social care
- Advice on moving your parked vehicle if you're self-isolating
- You can now apply for a resident parking permit even if you are not usually eligible
- Update on services in Southampton ahead of introduction of new national COVID-19 restrictions
- Latest information on registration service restrictions during lockdown
- Latest information on contacting us during lockdown
- Latest information on arts and heritage venues during lockdown
- Latest information on bins and recycling during lockdown
- Latest information on parks and open spaces during lockdown
Week beginning Monday 26 October, 2020
Week beginning Monday 12 October, 2020
Week beginning Monday 5 October, 2020
Week beginning Monday 28 September, 2020
- Southampton City Council suspends consent for large events on council land until the end of the year