The chairs for the various scrutiny panels for 2023/24 are as follows:
- Overview and Scrutiny Management Committee (OSMC) – Councillor Blackman
- Health Overview and Scrutiny Panel (HOSP) – Councillor Payne
- Children and Families Scrutiny Panel (CFSP) – TBD
- Scrutiny Inquiry Panel – Councillor Windle
Scrutiny meetings are taking place in the Civic Centre. Meetings continue to be live streamed by the council, details of how to access the live stream will be provided on the agenda page for the meeting. This will be available in advance of the meeting.
We continue to welcome and encourage residents and stakeholders to engage in the scrutiny process. If you have a question related to a specific item on a scrutiny meeting agenda that you would like to raise, please, in the first instance, email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children and Families Scrutiny Panel (CFSP) – Chair TBD
The next meeting of the CFSP will take place on 25 January 2024, commencing at 5.30pm. The agenda includes the following items:
- Further Education in Southampton
- Children Services and Learning budget proposals
- Children’s Services & Learning (CSL) performance
Papers for the meeting have been published.
Overview and Scrutiny Management Committee (OSMC) – Chair Councillor Blackman
The next meeting of the Committee will be on 1 February 2024, commencing at 5pm in the Council Chamber.
The provisional agenda is as follows:
- 5pm – Future Delivery of Townhill Park Plots 2, 9, 10
- 6pm – Call-In of the Portswood Broadway Next Steps Cabinet decision
Papers for the meeting will be published on 24 January 2024.
There will also be a special meeting of the Committee on 13 February 2024 to consider the financial position of the council. This meeting will commence at 5.30pm in the Council Chamber.
Health Overview and Scrutiny Panel (HOSP) – Chair Councillor Payne
The next scheduled meeting of the Panel is on 8 February 2024, commencing at 6pm. The provisional agenda is as follows:
- South Central Ambulance Service – Update on progress against CQC report
- Primary care in Southampton – Update on developments
- MOHHS Update (Modernising Hampshire Hospitals)
Meeting papers will be published on 31 January 2024.
Scrutiny Inquiry Panel: How do we get a better deal for private sector renters in Southampton? – Chair Councillor Windle
The 4th meeting of the Inquiry Panel will be on 15 February 2024. The meeting will focus on Southampton City Council’s approach to enforcement in the private rented sector and the existing HMO licensing schemes.
The meeting will be in Conference Room 3 at the Civic Centre. Papers for the meeting will be published on 7 February 2024.
|Annual report 2022-23
|Scrutiny calendar 2023-24