The following information is for Candidates and Agents in Southampton Itchen and Southampton Test constituencies only. If you are proposing to stand in Romsey and Southampton North constituency please contact Test Valley Borough Council.
If you are interested in standing as a MP or will be an Agent on behalf of a candidate or party, the best source of information to help you through the process is published by the Electoral Commission and is a full guide to the process you will need to go through providing advice and help along the way:
In addition please contact electoral services providing your full name, contact telephone number and contact e-mail address. Please mention 'UKPGE Election' followed by Candidate or Agent in the form. This information will be added to our distribution list so as relevant information becomes available, it can be sent to you. If you do not already have an e-mail address you are advised to set one up. The timetable is tight and if you are relying on information coming to you in the post, you may miss a critical deadline.
We will be holding two briefings for candidates and agents; the first will cover the process and requirements for nominations, the second will focus on polling day and the count. Both sessions will be held in The Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY.
Briefing 1 (Nominations): 7 November 2019 at 10.30am
Briefing 2 (Polling day and The Count): 3 December 2019 at 10.30am
Helpful links and documents:
- Electoral Commission Timetable
- All relevant election notices can be found on the statutory notices page
- Access to meeting rooms (please note terms of hire)
- ICO Guidance on Political Campaigning (DPA)
- National Police Chiefs' Council & electoral Commission Joint Guidance to Candidates and Agents
- Electoral Commission - After the election including expenses return