Do you want to start your own business?
Starting a new business is far more than just a substitute for traditional employment. It is a positive career choice in its own right.
Running your own business can offer great personal satisfaction and the potential for good financial rewards, and it can be as flexible as you wish.
It can also be daunting to have to put together a business plan, get your finance together, decide how to market yourself and the many other things there are to do when you start a business. But there is help out there and once you’ve made the first step, it won’t seem so daunting. Here are a few links you can start with:
- GOV.UK - Guidance and Support - Business and self-employed
- Solent Growth Hub
- The Rebel Business School
- Google Digital Garage - Learn Digital Skills with Free Training
- Network Eagle Lab - Barclays Eagle Labs
- National Federation of Self Employed & Small Businesses (FSB)
- Facebook for Business: Marketing on Facebook
- Expert advice and support for small businesses - Enterprise Nation
- Google for Small Business - Resources to get your small business online
- Start up support - University of Southampton
- Consultancy services - Solent University
If you are already a few steps down the line of planning your business and looking for workspace, you can find information in our business section of Grow.