Access to social care records

We keep records of everyone who uses our Adult or Children's Social Care service. The only people who are able to access your records are those who need to see them in relation to providing you with the care you need. Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you are allowed to see a copy of your files.

Apply to see your social care records 

To apply to see your social care records, please fill in the Subject Access Request form. You will need to provide us with proof of identification. 

Make a Subject Access Request

For proof of identity we will ask for:

  • Either a copy of your passport or driving licence, showing your name and signature 
  • A household bill issued within the last three months (such as a council tax bill) which shows your name and address

If you are making a request on behalf of someone else, we will ask for evidence showing your entitlement or authority to do so.

We will aim to provide you with a response to your request within one calendar month.

For more information about accessing your own information, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.