Means-tested applications need to be made every school year.
You will meet the school travel assistance criteria if you are in receipt of the maximum level of Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit (with an earned income of no more than £7,400).
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week
If there is a change in your family's financial circumstances and your child can no longer get free school travel, a reassessment of places at closer schools will be made.