Southampton is a bike-friendly city, and we are always working hard to improve cycling infrastructure. We’re encouraging more people to leave their cars at home.
In Southampton, people who want to cycle have access to:
- A network of dedicated cycle routes (SCN)
- Free safety checks and bike maintenance advice with the Bike Doctor
- Pedal bike and e-bike hire scheme - Beryl Bikes by Breeze
Find out more about cycling in Southampton on the My Journey website:
- Where to find a cycle training provider
- Opportunities for group rides
- How to teach your child to ride
- Join a Love to Ride challenge
- Cycling safety
- Cycle routes and videos
Off-road public practice sites
Where parents can take young children to help them learn basic control and riding skills.
You can find out more about the ongoing work to make Southampton a true cycling city by visiting the Connecting Southampton website.